Seagate’s storage systems offer “auto-tiering” features that enable the combination of multiple types of storage into a single volume. Using this method, a small group of flash drives can transparently accelerate the performance of a large group of hard drives, combining flash’s performance-enhancing speed with hard drives’ outstanding capacity and affordability.
For small flash tiers, SSDs and hard drives can be mixed and matched in any chassis. For larger flash tiers, a dedicated allflash array like the Nytro X 2U24 can be employed.
- High-Capacity Hard Drive Array
- Familiar 2u form factor with 12 – 3.5-inch Seagate hard drives
- Up to 192TB per chassis (16TB drives)
- Up to 7GB/s reads, 5.5GB/s writes (total system bandwidth)
- 16Gb/s Fibre Channel, 10Gb/s iSCSI, or 12Gb/s SAS
- Expandable up to 8 total chassis
- Supports RAID or Seagate ADAPT data protection
- Fully redundant, hot-swappable components
- Entry-level cost